At-Home/Over the Counter (OTC) Testing
OTC (Over the Counter), at-home COVID-19 tests, where both specimen collection and testing is conducted at home and without proctoring, are not considered acceptable tests for the purpose of public health surveillance or interventions.
- Negative OTC, at-home test results do not meet criteria to exempt or shorten quarantine periods for a close contact, release someone from isolation, to enter or return to the US from an international location.
- Positive OTC, at-home test results do not meet criteria for public health surveillance or interventions. You will need to seek re-testing using a laboratory-based test (e.g., RT-PCR).
COVID-19 Testing Locations
St Clair Square
134 St. Clair Square
Fairview Heights, IL.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, & Saturday
8:00am – 4:00pm
- Drive Thru
- PCR testing method (average 2-4 day result time)
Waterloo Urgent Care
907 Illinois Route 3
Waterloo IL 62298
Open 7 Days
Mon-Sun: 8:30 am – 9:00 pm
Cost: Free with Insurance. Cash pay available
- Tested while waiting in vehicle
- PCR and Rapid testing
100 Admiral Trost Road
Columbia, IL 62236
Appointment Required: https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing/?icid=coronavirus-lp-nav-general-testing
- Accepted for most travel and recreational purposes
- Drive-thru test (vehicle required)
- PCR Testing Method
- Results within 1-2 days
913 N MARKET ST
Waterloo, IL 62298
Appointment Required: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/covid19/testing?ban=covid_vanity_testing
- Rapid Testing Method
- In Vehicle Testing
- Free COVID-19 testing is available to patients ages 3+. If you receive a Diagnostic Test and have insurance, you will be asked to show your insurance card at the appointment and the lab may bill your insurer. You will not receive a bill from Walgreens or from any lab partner.
Red Bud Regional Hospital- Respiratory Clinic
325 Spring St.
Red Bud, IL 62278
Monday – Friday: 9 am – 7 pm
Saturday – Sunday: 8 am – 4 pm
(Currently closed on holidays)
- The no-appointment Respiratory Clinic (part of Red Bud Health Clinic’s Express Care) has a designated parking lot, entrance, elevator, and exam rooms for patients experiencing respiratory or COVID-like symptoms. Call ahead to 282-7373 to get instructions prior to entering the Hospital. An Express Care staff member will meet you at the designated location and escort you to the Respiratory Clinic. If your Express Care medical provider feels a COVID test is needed, they can collect the specimen onsite during your visit.
Gateway Urgent Care
1000 Eleven South
Columbia, IL 62236
Open 7 Days a Week.
8:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Cost: Urgent Care Visit Copay. Self pay available.