Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)

WIC is a supplemental nutrition program that provides nutrition education, counseling, and healthy foods to help low-income mothers, infants, and children get the nutrients they need for proper growth and development. WIC also provides breastfeeding education and support, along with screening and referrals to other health or social services. WIC is a Federal Grant Program funded by the Food and Nutrition Services of the USDA. WIC is not an entitlement program.

You could be eligible for WIC if you:

  • are pregnant
  • are breastfeeding (up to 12 months after delivery)
  • are postpartum (up to 6 months after delivery)
  • are an infant or child up to 5 years of age
  • meet the Illinois WIC income guidelines (you may still be eligible even with a job)

Please visit the following link to complete a pre-screening tool to see if you may be eligible for the WIC program:


To schedule an appointment for WIC, please call (618)939-3871 ext. 216


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil
rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and
institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from
discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or
retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program
information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should
contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are
deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal
Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made
available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination
Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:
http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html , and at any USDA office, or write a
letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the
form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed
form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture,
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: program.intake@usda.gov.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.