Our mission is to serve our communities primarily, and offer assistance to surrounding areas, in conjunction with our communities’ partners, in emergency and non-emergency situations.
The Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is a national network of more than 200,000 volunteers, organized locally to improve the health and safety of their communities. MRC volunteers step up to keep their family, friends, and neighbors safe and healthy.
Examples of activities that MRC volunteers participate in and support include the following:
- Emergency preparedness and response trainings and exercises
- Emergency shelter operations and medical care
- Disaster medical and behavioral health support
- Medical facility surge support
- Mass dispensing efforts (e.g., medication, water, other supplies)
- Disease testing and surveillance
- Community vaccination clinics
- Veterinary care
- Support services to disaster call centers, family assistance centers, and reception/evacuation centers
- Emergency operations center and communications support
- Patient movement support
- Search and rescue operations
- Disaster clean-up and recovery support
- First aid and medical support during large public gatherings
- Community education and outreach
- Emergency preparedness and response planning, logistical, and administrative support
- And more…
Who Can Volunteer?
The Monroe County MRC is looking for both medical and nonmedical professionals to volunteer. We need medical and public health professionals such as physicians, pharmacists, dentists, nurses, and veterinarians. We also need non-medical personnel to fill key positions including chaplains, interpreters, legal advisors, office workers, etc. All adults over age 18 are invited to apply. If you want to help your community, this is a great opportunity to get involved! It’s also a great way to better prepare yourself and your family for potential disasters.
Under Add Organizations, Select Monroe County MRC.
Call or Text Marsha at
618-612-7105 or email her at
|Victoria Kehrer||Assistant Unit Leader||Phone: 618-939-3871 Ext: 218||Cell: email@example.com|
|Marsha Wild||Unit Leader||Cell: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kevin Schiebe||EMA Public Safety Director||Phone: 618-939-8681 Ext: email@example.com|
|Ryan Weber||EMA Assistant Public Safety Director||Phone: 618-939-8681 Ext: firstname.lastname@example.org|